Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog Preparation

Philip91
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

we have a couple of Problems with our 5508 Ha Pair (7.4.110.0).

Now we want to restore the HA Pair, update to 7.4.121.0 and prepare everything for logging. So if we have another problem to open a TAC Case with informational Logs.

I want to use Service Ports to Log everthing to a Syslog.

That should be done with a simple Network Route entry.

Will the WLC automatically send the Data to the Syslogserver via Service Port ?

Which Log level should be set to get a useful Output?

I don´t understand the use of "Syslog Facility". What can i do with that Option ?

Thanks for help !!!

Greetings

Philip

1 Reply 1

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The IP address on this interface should be configured in the same subnet as the management interface. This interface will check the health of the Active WLC via network infrastructure once the Active WLC does not respond to keep alive messages on the Redundant Port. This provides an additional health check of the network and Active WLC, and confirms if switchover should or should not be executed. Also, the Standby WLC uses this interface in order to source ICMP ping packets to check gateway reachability. This interface is also used in order to send notifications from the Active WLC to the Standby WLC in the event of Box failure or Manual Reset. The Standby WLC will use this interface in order to communicate to Syslog, the NTP server, and the TFTP server for any configuration upload.

For more information please refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/High_Availability_DG.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: