cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

the AP attach to the wrong WLC

bouchal-38
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I have 2 WLC in my company, 1 is backup of the other one.

When i first connect the AP to the network, it is getting attached to the backup one, how can i cange it?

However, the AP is connected in the same network of my production WLC, also,  when i ping "cisco-capwap-controller" it is getting the production AP, not the Bckp one.

How can i change it, and make my default WLC the production one and not the bck up one?

Tx,

B

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Under High Availability tab of AP, paste the info of primary WLC  name,  IP and also the secondary WLC name, IP.

After configuration of this you will see that AP will join to Primary.

Check this post:

http://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/ap-failover/

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

hello, thanks for this quick answer, but the problem is at the initial connection of the AP...

The first time i Connecte a  blank AP, i want it to connect to the production WLC and not the Backup.

After, when i configure it, i agree with you, i need to setup the 'High Availablility" but at the very first connexion, how can the AP hit the right WLC?

Hello,

if you use DHCP on a Switch or a Server then define option43 only for the primary Controller!!

Best Regards,

Mario

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card