Views
Helpful
Replies

Throughput is Always low

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

I have only one access point outdoor with 4 antenne omnidirectionnel and near c two GSM antenna ...

So throughput is not stable and Always low !!!

I want to know what's paramater (s) that allow increase throughput ( débit) .

Power level , width Channel , turn off band 2,4ghz ....!! 

So please i need ftom expert wireless a help and solution that guide me for this problem !! 

This access point is Always give 1 Mbits and don't give 30 Mbits !!!! 

Thanks in advance

16 Replies 16

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-documents/wireless-throughput-issues-troubleshooting/ta-p/3143641

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks to Reply me ...

I send You a a picture that acces point is installed near cellulaire GSM pole and this AP outdoor  have 4 antenna omnidirectionnel ..!!

But i want if paramater width Channel can redolve problem throughput or power level ??? 

We have only one AP outdoor don't give throughput stable ... 

So that is probably not a good idea to mount it there. Are you only looking for connection only on the roof? Because you can really mount the unit on its own pole. Being that high up, I would not expect coverage anywhere besides the roof top.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks to Reply me ..

1) access point is installed from its own pole according the image sent...

2) the customer has two GSM antenna and we are confused (. We are misanterstand ) the exact placement !!!

3) because we try more time place far of GSM antenna and also near but the same problem...

4) we try indoor entreprise so is very good throughput but we need outdoor ......

So please Scott i want to helpe what's placement exact that allow throughput is stable!!!

I wait to Reply 

Also i Ask You If there paramater ( width Channel ' power level ... ) What is paramater that allow throughput is stable !!!

Thanks in advance

If you have tired an indoor ap and that works fine, then you need to look at your outdoor ap. Do you have the the proper antennas connected to the ap? You already validated an indoor, so that eliminates any issues with the GSM antennas. Is your ap on the left of the picture mounted low on the pole?
-Scott

Thanks to Reply me ..

1) Scott . .. please find me a solution and i wait from an expert to help me ..

We tried to place this AP outdoor with 4 antenna omnidirectionnel in the internal company .. so it vive good throughput because it is place in the company ...

I said it is AP outdoor ... 

2) you see a man Wear a yellow pile and traying to fixe AP outdoor with 4 antenna on the wall .. we test Abou 4 mètre it give no signal ..

I would like what's placement exact ( we have GSM antenna ) distance ??? Mètre ??? 

Please Scott i wait your reply ... 

What do you think ?? 

Solution paramater or placement !! 

Aldo i send You picture AP outdoor 

You can see the picture

Thanks in advance ..

I need to clarify something. Did you replace the outdoor ap with an indoor ap and test?
Are you wanting coverage on the roof? If not, where are you expecting coverage? The AP should not be mounted more than 9 meters high. So if you are trying to cover the ground level, that ap looks pretty high up. You would need to use directional antennas to cover below.
When you are on the roof, what is your signal and what speed are you getting?
-Scott

1) no we are not replace the outdoor AP with indoor AP ...!! Because customer would only AP outdoor !! 

2) we want coverage to customer that is work in the company and need connexion ...so coverage to customer ...

3 ) we have AP outdoor with 4 antenna ..so how it mounted ??? 

If we have in the customer  GSM antenna in Local customer !!! 

I take your recommandation and your Expertise wireless .....

I wait your reply 

I send You other picture You can see

Thanks very much scott ..

Scott 

I send You the third picture about this AP outdoor . You Can check and Tell me what exacly that i can doing to place this AP outdoor and give throughput stable also what's paramater that i configure !!!

Channel , power level ....

I wait your reply 

Scott i send You two reply and two picture .. please can You answer me !!

Thanks

I’m in the US so our time is different, it’s 4am. Here is what I need you to provide.

Provide the ap model and code version you are running
Provide the config
Try to test by taking and indoor ap and swapping out the Ethernet just to see if you have a good connection or a bad connection 4 meters away. This will help tell us if the GSM is affecting your install or if your outdoor ap is bad. Configure a new test ssid that is unique
If you use a tool like Wfi Explorer, do you see the bssid? You should add a test ssid so that it is unique to that ap and verify
Can you provide use with a screenshot of the client device connecting to that unique ssid that shows us the signal and snr, also testing with Iperf to a wired device
Have you open a TAC case
There is no configuration that needs to be added as long as the ap is configured right and the antennas are also correct. You should also open a TAC case so they can remote in and look at your configuration.
-Scott

Ok ..to Morrow we try  to replace AP outdoor with AP indoor !!! But juste i would ask You If connexion is Bad what's means ???  

I try all test to Morrow and tell you !!

Thanks to Reply me !!!

If you test with a different ap and also using a unique ssid only broadcasting from that ap, that will help determine if the GSM is affecting your wireless or not.
Please provide answer to the other questions also.
-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You had another thread open on this. I think what we need is a picture of the install. Also how high up is this AP?
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card