Replies

To Mobility Express Cisco 8.8.100

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

I convert from 8.3.111 AP  1815i CAPWAP  to moblity express 8.8.100

But i have a problem :

switch  layer 2 can ping to Cisco mobility express WLC  and my Laptop can pingto  Cisco mobility express WLC

but WLC moblity  express  can't ping   the   switch  ni Laptop and not broadcast SSID and can't get to Web GUI

anyone had this kind of issue with AP 1815i CME?

Urgent ,  i must to resolve this problem So ,

how i can reslove this   CME  that allow  ME ping to switch and laptop and i can get Web GUI   ?????????????

thanks in advance 

67 Replies 67

i send you a file : show version 

I  wait you help please : for two problem !!

Patience please, this forum is only my hobby.

Thanks for the logfile. It shows that this AP is NOT ready for Mobility Express. This means the wrong model  was ordered/bought. There are two models you can buy, one which comes with Mobility Express image and one which comes with CAPWAP Image for Wireless Controllers. 

AIR-AP1815i-I-K9: Dual-band, controller-based 802.11a/g/n/ac, Wave 2
  AIR-AP1815i-I-K9C: Dual-band 802.11a/g/n/ac Wave 2 with default software Mobility Express

It looks like you bought K9 instead of K9C. This is the reason why you have so many troubles getting them to work.

So first thing you have to do now, finish configuring your 8.8.x ME model. Once that one works correct, you have to convert the other APs to a ME image.

Try this manual here: https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/149424-how-to-convert-upgrade-a-cisco-aironet-1815i-from-capwap-controller-based-to-mobility-express-standalone

Important, replace the image in step 7 with the file AIR-AP1815-K9-ME-8-8-100-0.tar. It must be this file!

After that the AP should join your Master AP and will be automatically configured from your master.

you say "  you have to convert the other APs to a ME image. " WHY ????????,  NO ==> i would  to say that  other AP that running 8.3.111 ( 29 AP new )  can connected and can communcateand join with ME 8.8.100 :=====> that is my Goal 

so How i  can do that ??????, configuration switch or version or what command that i can used in AP or ME ??????? 

what are the methods  ????????,i wish that you undersant me my question 

i than you a lot for all message 

thanks in advance 

You must convert them with the manual from my last message.
Your Accesspoints have the wrong software installed for mobility express. This can only fixed by either exchanging them with Mobility Express models, or by exchanging (converting) the image, as per my last message.
The image on the APs you have require a so called WLC (Wireless Controller), like a Cisco 3504 or 5520.

You have only those possibilities. I suggest you convert the image.

i convert the 29 AP to 8.8.100  that allow AP join to ME ?????? 

===> because ME ( is only as conroller ) and other AP remain AP !! ( this my goal ) . why AP convertir to 8.8.100 . if i convert to 8.8.111 is better ??????,,

2) seconde problem , you don't answer me.  password is same as e the Setup Wizard from CLI !!! why when i put password , is refused ???,,,

there are two point !!!

you means  replace the image in step 7  only ( 8.8.100 )  . that allow AP join to ME  ???????????,

that's what you mean ???????,,

other think , if i enabled DHCP in ME or not ?,,,,,,,,,,,, 

thanks in advance 

1: Yes, you must convert all of them to the ME image. Only then they can join an ME Master (ME controller). They will remain AP, but require the ME software.

2: The SSH/Console password is not the same password you need for the SSID. What is the name of the SSID you see now? Is it CiscoAirProvision?
Check here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8_chapter_010.html
Did you do "CLI Setup Wizard" or did you do "Over-the-Air Setup Wizard"?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card