Views
Helpful
Replies

Trustpoint for Cisco 9800-80 Wireless Management Interface

Jerome N
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I am attempting to create a WMI on c9800 controller. I had used the pre-installed MIC (CISCO_IDEVID_SUDI) on 16.10.1 but upon upgrading to 16.12.4s, I am now unable to use this trustpoint.

Via the Gui, I no longer have a list of trustpoints to select from even though they are still present under PKI management.

Via the CLI, attempting to configure with "wireless management trustpoint" command, I receive the following output:

% switch-1:dbm:wireless:Default Cisco SUDI trustpoint name is not allowed

Also, does it matter whether I create a SSC or use the MIC. What's the difference?

Could anyone assist? Any help is appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Poirier
Level 4
Level 4

See Grendizer answer below

Grendizer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the 9800 best practices doc, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/guide-c07-743627.html in it, you will see you need to use:

c9800(config)#no wireless management trustpoint
c9800(config)#wireless management trustpoint CISCO_IDEVID_SUDI

Jerome N
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your replies.
I actually found what seems to be a bug - CSCvr03501 - On 9800-40/-80/-L GUI, wireless mgmt interface should only list non-default LSC in cert menu

Appears the option should be blank as MICs are used a default. If i go to Monitoring --> System --> Wireless Interface then it informs I'm using CISCO_IDEVID_SUDI

Adding this info just in case anyone else needs some answers.
Yet to adopt an AP to ensure it does work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card