cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to convert AP3800 from CAPWAP to ME - fails

gp1200x
Level 2
Level 2

I am trying to convert a bunch of AP3800s from capwap to ME and I am getting failures once the file downloads and then tries to install on the AP3800s.   These AP3800s are all listed as model     AIR-AP3802i-B-K9

Is there any reason I cannot put ME on these units or do they need to have a   C  at the end of the model number??

Thanks.  I never has this issue before and I have loaded dozens but never checked to see if they had a C at the end of the modelnumber.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
No this shouldn't be an issue.
There could be a "out of storage" problem though, how do you try to install the image?
Can you issue a show version on one of them?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
No this shouldn't be an issue.
There could be a "out of storage" problem though, how do you try to install the image?
Can you issue a show version on one of them?

Hi

When the AP was purchased, was default with ME? If so can you complete a hard reset on it.

Regards

Jay

It turns out it they were throwing storage errors during the updating after the tftp but if I did a manual reload from the command line they did eventually convert to ME, sometimes it took a couple of tries on some of them. I just ignore the messages it puts out now during the updating process since they seem to fix themselves anyway. Seeing the messages though makes you think the process had failed. These all came preloaded with the IOS code....cheaper price than the preloaded xxxC model pricing.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: