cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two or three IPphone IPad and Android phone not getting IP address on Guest Wireless SSID (open network and redirect to Guest portal on ISE)

Hi Everyone,

From last few day I have seen this issue all the user are getting IP address on this Guest Network and after that redirected to Guest portal which is hosted on ISE.

But two Android Phone, Iphone and IPad are not getting ip address on the Guest ssid.

As per client debug they stuck in DHCP required stage but all other user are getting the IP address on the same network apart from them.

Setup is :  Central controller (Mobility Anchor)- Foreign controller - Access point -clients

7 Replies 7

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Do you happen to have used a public IP address for the virtual-interface on the WLC like 1.1.1.1 for the guest portal?
If yes, correct it to 192.0.2.1 (for example) or any other private address. Don't forget to reload after changing the address.

No i have checked and verified its private ip 10.10.10.1

Do you see the DHCP requests on the DHCP server and do you have anything in its logfile?

I do not have DHCP Server rights. Its with window team and according to them it working for all.

Then you need to check what the difference between them and the working devices is. I guess you have to do some captures.

Can you issue a "show client detail macaddressofclient" on the WLC for a working and not working client? They should be attached to the same SSID and have received the same policy (if any are configured). Please post the results.

I have checked again and just found strange behavior that I could see the client is having the IP address on Anchor controller but its not showing on foreign controller. Even I could see the MAC address logs on Cisco ISE server.

Might be a bug, I never worked with Anchor controllers, so I don't know how to troubleshoot this further. You might want to open a TAC, or update the software first on both controllers.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: