Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

two-stage authentication on 4402 WLC

I have scoured the WEB & WLC user guide for this answer and so far have come up with nothing (maybe not searching correctly)

Environment:

Lightweight AP's with Cisco 4402 WLC (5.1.151.0).

Windows7 clients using WPA2-Enterprise (PEAP) (User or Computer auth)

Windows AD

Microsoft NPS assigning vlan membership based on AD group membership for Users & domain membership for Machines

Machine authentication (not TLS) pre user-login

I would like to know if the Cisco 4402 WLC supports two-stage authentication. I have seen differing interpretations of "two-stage" authentication, so I shall elaborate. I would like to know if the WLC is capable of only allowing a USER authentication request if the request has come from a MACHINE that has been previously authenticated. I know Juniper (Trapeze) controllers achieve this through a function called "bonded-auth" and currently have a successful setup but I cannot find reference to this in the Cisco world.

We have a restricted WLAN that should be limited to AD domain joined hardware & I am trying to prevent users on BYO devices with valid AD credentials from connecting to it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Master

Re: two-stage authentication on 4402 WLC

You not going to achieve this user and machine unless you have Cisco ACS and using MAR with ACS. If using a 5508 and ISE along with AnyConnect, you can do EAP-Chaining.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Master

Re: two-stage authentication on 4402 WLC

You not going to achieve this user and machine unless you have Cisco ACS and using MAR with ACS. If using a 5508 and ISE along with AnyConnect, you can do EAP-Chaining.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad