cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

two-stage authentication on 4402 WLC

ronwightman
Level 1
Level 1

I have scoured the WEB & WLC user guide for this answer and so far have come up with nothing (maybe not searching correctly)

Environment:

Lightweight AP's with Cisco 4402 WLC (5.1.151.0).

Windows7 clients using WPA2-Enterprise (PEAP) (User or Computer auth)

Windows AD

Microsoft NPS assigning vlan membership based on AD group membership for Users & domain membership for Machines

Machine authentication (not TLS) pre user-login

I would like to know if the Cisco 4402 WLC supports two-stage authentication. I have seen differing interpretations of "two-stage" authentication, so I shall elaborate. I would like to know if the WLC is capable of only allowing a USER authentication request if the request has come from a MACHINE that has been previously authenticated. I know Juniper (Trapeze) controllers achieve this through a function called "bonded-auth" and currently have a successful setup but I cannot find reference to this in the Cisco world.

We have a restricted WLAN that should be limited to AD domain joined hardware & I am trying to prevent users on BYO devices with valid AD credentials from connecting to it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You not going to achieve this user and machine unless you have Cisco ACS and using MAR with ACS. If using a 5508 and ISE along with AnyConnect, you can do EAP-Chaining.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You not going to achieve this user and machine unless you have Cisco ACS and using MAR with ACS. If using a 5508 and ISE along with AnyConnect, you can do EAP-Chaining.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card