Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 wireless addition

Mesrop Saakyan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a Cisco UC540 with wireless. I would like add another SMB wireless access point to further the reach of the access point footprint. If I add another wireless access point will it work parallel with the built in wireless?

I want to ensure that the wireless is flat and users don't lose connectivity or IP changes while they walk around in the office because they will have wireless handsets (7925) with them. 

Do I have to get a LAN controller if I just want to add 1 wireless access point?

I want to make sure that both the built in wireless and the additional wireless work like 1 wireless with 1 SSID. Please advice. Thank you

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

While UC540 is 'Voice Systems' device and you wish to connect 7925 handsets (those are IP Telephony devices), the matter of the question is - two wireless APs covering the area. Moreover, I assume the second AP will not be the UCxxx kind.

I has moved this thread to Getting Started with Wireless because I considered it better for this topic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card