cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable License in 5508 controller

Adnan Khan
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to install additional AP license in controller but  "Command" option is not showing under Management -> Sofware Activation section to install license also I tried via CLI and getting error " License Installation is blocked by secondary controller"

I have WLC in HA and secondary is Hot standby. Please suggest how I can install the license. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- No that's not what I mean, what I mean is to power down the secondary to avoid the initial problem you have when installing the licenses on the primary.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Shut/power-down the secondary , wait a bit , and try this again. If it then works , power-up the secondary. Licensing-capabilities will be synced between the primary and the secondary.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks for the reply.

You mean if I power down secondary WLC. "command" option under Management -> Software Activation -> Licenses will re appear again?

- Basically make sure only the secondary is powered-down, install the licenses, power-up secondary , wait a bit, verify licensing-status afterwards (indeed).

M.

- No that's not what I mean, what I mean is to power down the secondary to avoid the initial problem you have when installing the licenses on the primary.

M.

I will do that tomorrow and update here in both cases success or faliure.

Hi,

Many thanks for your support. Actually, the unit secondary was Active that is why I was not able to install the license however, I kept disconnected the secondary unit during license installation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card