I've been working on a Cisco 3802i WLC. I am unable to ping the Management IP address of WLC.
- I've followed step-by-step instructions from Cisco, how to configure 3802i WLC.
- Configured with proper IP address, subnet mask and gateway IP address.
- I've tried different switch/routers connected with this WLC, still not pingable.
- Used with different vlan config (trunk/acess/native vlan) on the switch...but the IP is not pingable
- WLC's mac address appears on correct vlan on the switch, but not pingable.
- I configured another AP and put that on same vlan and the AP is pingable from my laptop.
- APs are not joining the WLC, my assumption is if the WLC is not pingable then the joining process will fail.
- Also reconfigured the WLC several time, nothing worked.
I've been stressing for last few days, going thru all the resources that I can find and was not able to resolve this issue.
Any help would be Highly appreciated.
Tried that. Ping didn't work.
I can't even ping the WLC from switch where it WLC is connected to.
In Switch show cdp nei doesn't show WLC's IP address either.
from your WLC (by the way what model is it? ) , pls share "show interface detailed management" output and "show run interface Gig x/x" on switch where this WLC connect to.