cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping WLC Managment Interface.

juliangriba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, I need assistance finding why I'm not able to access the WLC GUI. I am not able to ping the management interface IP address neither. Everything was working fine until I added EACL to my switch. So I revert the configuration to previous one but the issue persist. Here is the current configuration for my switch and WLC IP address information. Thank You.

Capture2.PNGCapture1.PNG

12 Replies 12

juliangriba
Level 1
Level 1
I forgot to mention I am able to ping any other network device connected to the same switch.

What interface connect to WLC ? Where did you apply ACL & remove later on ?

Rasika

Hi Rasika,

Thanks for your answer. WLC is using interface Gi1/1. And I applied ACLS on the switch but I deleted them since my MAP's were not able to join the WLC, but that is a different issue. Right now is  just that basic configuration no ACL on switch. Thank You

From WLC, can you ping vlan 20 gateway IP address ?

Also I noticed you only allowed vlan 20 traffic on G1/1 interface, if you are using other vlans for wireless users, you have to allow those vlan across that trunk link.

HTH

Rasika

I haven't assigned any IP to VLAN 20. but all devices assigned to VLAN 20 are replying to the eco command, ping.

Pls provide output "show interface detailed management" from your WLC

Rasika

Please note:

Interface Detailed.PNG

Tks for the output.

Can you ping 10.232.161.75 from your WLC ?

Rasika

Not able to ping gateway IP, I can pin its own WLC IP address. I would think it is an issue with the Switch but all interfaces are indicating connected when  I run the sh inter status command.

Verify using "show cdp nei" from WLC.

If it is showing g1/1, for the time being remove "switchport trunk allowed vlan 20" & test ping again. If no success, it is a basic connectivity issue. On which switch/L3 devive you defined interface vlan 20 ? check layer 2 vlan exist across switch network upto its gateway

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Is there a way to connect directly from my PC bypassing the switch and fiber port?

You can console into your WLC.

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card