cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ssh/telnet or access WLC5508 GUI

JASON SIMMONS
Level 2
Level 2

I have a 5508 running 8.2.166.0 and that I cannot access remotely.  I can access the CLI via the console port.  Is there a command I can run to try to regain remote access without rebooting the controller?

4 Replies 4

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Can you ping the management address? What is the output of the command: show network summary

If ssh and web access are showing as disabled  in the "show network summary" output, you can enable them using the following commands:

config network ssh enable
config network webmode enable
config network secureweb enable

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

All of those services are enabled.  I tried to disable/enable the services and it didn't work.  I'll reboot it.

Thanks for replying.

I rebooted it WLC and it worked for a while. not sure how long though.  Tried to login to it today and I've lost remote access again.  I plan on opening a case.

If it started working after a reboot and then stopped again with no config change, and they are showing as enabled, i'm saying a bug so open a case

Just make sure there is no ACL that might be blocking you as well.

Are you trying to access it via the wireless make sure you have management via wireless enabled if not you can turn it on with this command:

config network mgmt-via-wireless enabled

That being said you might not want wireless clients to access the WLC for management

For SSH also make sure the time on the WLC is correct.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card