Views
Helpful
Replies

Unexpected SSIDs are broadcasted by Cisco AIR-2600

minh pham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, 

I have an issue like this, 2 of 50 aironet 2602 APs broadcasts 2 unexpected SSIDs (it's not configured by wlc)

I do solve this issue by : 

First, I reset AP's configuration from WLC, after rebooting, the AP still broadcast those SSIDs.

then, I revert AP mode from LWAPP to Autonomous, then configure to broadcast an SSID, checked by mobile and laptop, I've just seen only configured SSID, those unexpected SSIDs are disappear, on time, i think reason by OS version by device. 

I had downloaded and upgraded to the latest version of LWAPP for this AP. After rebooting, APs are discovered by WLC, still broadcast unexpected SSID.

Have anyone seen this before ? and how to solve this?

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This doesn't sound at all right .. What is the unexpected SSID?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

HI George, unexpected SSID like this:

I configured two SSID named Marketing, HR but 2 APs always broadcast more difference SSIDs (Group1, Group2), these SSID are not existed on WLC configuration

I try to disable these SSID with many steps but it does not work.

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check all the SSID that are currently configured under WLAN. Also, restart the WLC and if the problem still occurs you need to erase all configuration and set the WLC to default.

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

Backup your config and refresh the WLC and reconfig it. Normally it doen't happen there must be some configuration issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card