Views
Helpful
Replies

Update software vWLC

sp1er
Level 1
Level 1

Good day!
I received new access points, and they require firmware 8.5.131 and higher, my controller has firmware 8.1.120. I downloaded 8.2.170, as well as 8.5.140, I try to install it, but after downloading to the vWLC controller it goes into reboot. What to do?

vWLC.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It looks like the transfer process get's killed ; does the vWLC have sufficient resources available such a memory (e.g.).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It looks like the transfer process get's killed ; does the vWLC have sufficient resources available such a memory (e.g.).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

It have 1 CPU, and 2 gb Ram.

Think you need to increase to 2 cpu and 4 gb Ram

- I always feel great when people can resolve their own problems. Can you give us feedback as to whether doing so resolved your issues ?

M.

Yes!!! THX!

Here's another question, how to put the necessary version in Emergancy image?

Software version 8.5.131.0

Emergency image version 8.1.120.0 

- Emergency image get's upgraded on the next upgrade of the controller when the current release rolls down to the Emergency image (I think). You may want to verify this on a next upgrade, but even if my guess is wrong -> leave things as they are. The intend is that both images are not the same, hence a  fatal issue with the production release would make the meaning of the Emergency image useless (as they would be the same).

M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card