Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use both CAP 3602i and LAP 1242AG on the same floor

Not applicable

On our conference floor, AP 1242AG already exist but I am going to add AP 3602i to increase wireless coverage.  .  Any issue or concern with this type of setting?

23 Replies 23

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can, but you shouldn't enable CleanAir in a mixed environment.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

You understand that the 3600's require v7.2 or newer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

All 3602 are on 7.2.110 same as WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

You can add the 3600's, just don't enable CleanAir in a mixed environment.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

I wouldn't think simply having CleanAir enabled would be a problem as it can still be used for reporting of AQ and other useful information about non-WiFi interferers, but you may not want to enable Event Driven RRM.

Yea, its the EDRRM that you need to be careful with in a mixed environment.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I believe EDRRM setting is on the WLC 5508.  On the same controller, other floors are only using CAP 3602i.  Is it a good idea to disable EDRRM?

If you are in a mixed AP environment and not running 7.3, you should not enable EDRRM.  With 7.3 the Persistent Device Interferers list is shared, prior to that it is not.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disable EDRRM on the controller because of AP 1242AG?

correct

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Stephen, My option is put all 1242 on one controller with EDRRM disable and 3602 on another one.  It is ok to have 1242 and 3602 physically next to each other, right?

You could do that, but I still wouldn't enable EDRRM.

RRM is going to run across the RFgroup that will be configured between the two WLC.  So could still have issues with only some AP using EDRRM, and the others not.

Per best practices, EDRRM shouldn't be enabled in a mixed deployment, unless you are on 7.3.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

If I disable EDRRM on WLCs, does it cause problem for users are connecting to 3602i?

No it doesn't. You'll be fine.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: