Helpful
Replies

User getting disconnected from wireless

Vikas Gundu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

Good Day!!!!!

We have 5508 controller with the IOS version 8.0.115.0.

I have been reported by the end users that they are getting disconnected from the wireless. and this is happening on the random basis.

this issue is reported only 1-2 times in 15-20 days and this issue is with random user. It is showing connected but no internet access. Then user has to disconnect and connect again then it works fine. There's also an yellow mark shown near network connection. 

Its like the user getting disconnected today will work fine tomorrow without any issue.

I have check the logs but couldn't find anything related to authentication or session issue.

I have also the drivers and found that the drivers are up to date...(just to start with troubleshooting).

Pls let me know how to deal with this issue.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please describe how the wireless AP is setup. 

What models of APs?

CleanAir?

Co-Channel interference?

What kind of wireless clients?  Apple?  Tablets?  SmartPhones?  

AP models are AIR-LAP1242AG-N-K9.

I took the Screen Shots for Clean-Air configuration. Pls find the attached for your reference.

I couldnt find any Co-channel interface.

Users are WinOS laptop users.

Regards,

Vikas

The attachment is useless because 1242 doesn't support CleanAir.  

What firmware is the controller running on and what country is the APs installed in?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card