cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users limits on AP Aironet 702

mcandial1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I'm configuring for the first time an access point Aironet 702. The problem is that I need to create a user to have certain acccess. To be precise I need the user to change only the SSID password. 

I've been trying do it through user levels but got no success. Also, the user created with level added through CLI can't log in with the same credentials to the web interface.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

I don't believe that there is an access level that will allow only the PSK for an SSID, the access levels on the access points are not that specific. In regards to your comment about the user & password difference between the CLI/Telnet/SSH and Web GUI, you need to enable aaa authentication on the access point and set it to use the local database, then you will be able to use those accounts to login via the GUI.

This guide may help

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/12-4_3g_JA/configuration/guide/ios1243gjaconfigguide/s43adm.html

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you using local/radius server for authentication. If Radius (ISE) then you can achieve this and definitely not by access levels

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: