cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Splitter - Urgent

n-khouri
Level 1
Level 1

I can not find enough info to explain the use of splitter , I have this scenario I hope someeone can advise .

I have a small building with one floor and a roof ,

Doing the site survey with different positiong of the AP , I can cover the floor but nothing on the roof , Can I use splitter with one antenna in the floor and another on the roof (20 meter away) , note that number of user in 4 for the floor and 1 for the roof .

3 Replies 3

tlchant
Level 1
Level 1

Should not be a proble as long as you choose a good splitter and RF cable. LMR400 at least. The splitter will give you an insertion loss of 0.5 dB at 2500 MHz. Your antennas I am assuming are omni directional with at lest 3-5 dBi gain. As long as your cable runs are kept to a minimum it should be fine.

shh5455
Level 3
Level 3

Also make sure you adjust your RTS thresholds as you will have hidden node problems since the clients on the roof can't see the clients under the roof.

Thanks man but you got me confused , do u mean

the hidden node can't communicate with the other nodes ? Can I refer me to some references for splitter use and considerations .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: