cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the same VLAN as native VLAN for clients in flexconnect local switching ?

aleopoldie
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We are encountering an issue with AIR-AP2800I series in Flexconnect.

We have a VLAN X as native VLAN for the Access Points, and this VLAN X is also used for clients on a remote site.

We had old AP's before and it was working fine, but with these new AP's 2800, it seems clients cannot get an IP address. But they can get an IP address on another SSID mapped to another VLAN which is not the native VLAN.

Did one of you have the same issue ?

9 Replies 9

denizyaran
Level 1
Level 1

I'm assuming you have a Vlan support enabled under AP > Flexconnect and have native vlan added?

Are you using AP specific or Group inheritance? How is the WLAN VLAN mapped under your Flexconnect group? Are you using Cisco switches? What is the native vlan on the ports connecting to the APs? Is is trunked and all relevant VLANs allowed?

Serge.

Hello,

Yes I have Vlan support enabled under AP > Flexconnect and have native vlan added

I am using AP group inheritance from Flexconnect group, and the native vlan is set on cisco switch.

we did not touch to the switch as it's just a replacement of old AP's to 2800.

thank you,

Strange, I'm using 3800s on a similar setup, works fine with native VLAN same or not.

You have definitely enabled local switching on the WLAN? And checked all APs are configured same in the RF space?

We're running 8.3.122.0 on a SSO with 2 x 5508, it should be ok, there must be something on this remote site causing a problem...

Possible. Maybe MTU to large?

Can the AP join successfully? If not, what is a debug ap [mac of the ap] on the wlc showing when reloading the AP?

Yes the AP is joined without any problem.

And MTU is also fine.

I will investigate further...

Would be interesting to see what comes out to be the issue.
Thanks,
Manish

Of course, I'll keep you informed when I have some news. ;-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: