Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN and vWLC

aoun.ameur1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My vWLC is in VLAN 100 and all APs are in VLAN 101. I need to know, if joining process of all APs to vWLC will accur normally or I must configure other things related to VLAN Tagging ?

Best regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, i haven't do anything accurding to DHCP Service.

If the APs and WLC management interface are in the same subnet then the APs will be able to join the controller. 

If the APs are in a different subnet then some kind of mechanism is required for the APs to find their controllers.  Manually, each APs can be configured to go to a specific WLC.  The most efficient method is to use DHCP Option 43.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My vWLC is in VLAN 100 and all APs are in VLAN 101. I need to know, if joining process of all APs to vWLC will accur normally or I must configure other things related to VLAN Tagging ?

Is DHCP Option 43 configured correctly?

Thank you Mr. Leo for replying,

If the APs and WLC management interface are in the same subnet then the APs will be able to join the controller. 

If the APs are in a different subnet then some kind of mechanism is required for the APs to find their controllers.  Manually, each APs can be configured to go to a specific WLC.  The most efficient method is to use DHCP Option 43.

Thank you Mr. Leo

So, I need to configure DHCP Option 43.

Regards,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card