Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan Problem.

hack3rcon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks.

In our company we have Vlan and each floor have a specific IP range. For example, Florr 1 is 192.168.72.1 to 192.168.72.20 with Gateway 192.168.72.21 and floor 2 is 192.168.72.22 to 192.168.72.73 and Etc.

In each Floor we have an access point and the SSID of all are same, For example the SSID of all access point is "Cisco".Our problem is that Laptops and Cell phone IP address changed Time to Time because of Vlan and same SSID. I want to know how can I configure my Cisco access points to Solve this problem?

My device Model is "WAP4410 N".

Cheers.

2 Replies 2

That mean given floor client associate to another floor AP. Since RF can propagate freely, there is no way to guarantee given floor wireless users will connect to the AP on the same floor.

I would allocate separate subnet for wireless users irrespective of their floor, in that way even users roam, they will keep the same IP

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hi.

In AP i used "Static IP" , "Subnet Mask" and "Default Gateway" but can you tell me more about it? I mean is that please tell me more clear.

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card