cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vWLC Hyper-V VMWare Workstation non-responsive GUI Issue

EmadY
Level 1
Level 1

I recently installed vWLC release 8.5 in Hyper-V and referenced the hyper-v deployment guide. Once installed and configured, I could ping the management interface IP from the hyper-v host but couldn't load the web GUI from a browser on the host. After a lot of troubleshooting, it looks like the issue lies with sharing the management interface network connection with the management operating system. This issue remains if you use VMWare Workstation and share the network adapter of the management interface with the host operating system. 

This issue remains using Hyper-V's 'External' or 'Internal' network modes when creating a switch. I have not yet tested with 'private' mode where communication remains within VMs and doesn't come to host operating system.

It doesn't effect the 'service port' interface. One can put the 'service port' interface on a network connection with  the management os sharing option enabled and can still access the GUI form the hyper-v host. 

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card