Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 371 deauthenticate client

Good evening, I have two wap 371 in single point setup, and in the log file I have many of this message:

Log Message from AP 192.168.0.245

TIME                Priority  Process Id                Message

========================================================================

Dec 17 2019 17:38:35   3        hostapd[16425]          trying to deauthenticate to station 74:70:fd:1f:58:56, but not authenticated

Dec 17 2019 17:38:35   3        hostapd[16425]          trying to deauthenticate to station 74:70:fd:1f:58:56, but not authenticated

4 Replies 4

pieterh
VIP
VIP

first reaction is : expected behavior

the client is associated/authenticated by AP1 end for some reason communicates with AP2 where it is not authenticated (yet).

this only disappears on an integrated infrastructure where the AP's work together

either with a dedicated controller or with a common ME infrastructure where one of the AP's takes the controller function.

Good morning, my access point work togheter in single point setup mode. I look that one of two access point is cluster controller. Why they don't work fine? Thanks

why no one can help me?

found multiple posts like this one

it suggests it is an incompatibility between client and AP

connectivity can be improved by disabling MFP or PMF (depending on software version)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card