Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP support matrix for AIR-C9850 and Catalyst C9800-80

Moreplovac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am looking for a support matrix for following WAP/WLC combos.

Is there any document i can use to make a support matrix like this? We are planning to upgrade to the C9800-80 and need to know which WAPs i can reuse and which i have to replace. I have 1300 WAP in total.

Appreciate assistance.

SUPPORT MATRIXIndoor access pointsOutdoor access points
                                         WAP

WLC

Cisco Catalyst 9115Cisco Catalyst 9117Catalyst 9120Aironet 2800Aironet 3800Aironet 4800Aironet 1532IAironet 1532EAironet 1562IAironet 1562EAironet 1562DAironet 1572EACAironet 1552H/S/WU
Catalyst C9800-80             
Software ver: Gibraltar 16.11.1b             

AIR-C9850-K9             
Software ver: 8.5.124.64             
Software ver: 8.7.106.0             
Software ver: 8.9.111.0             
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
To make things a lot simpler, just look for the Catalyst 9K AP to go with the Catalyst 9800.
It's better to start deploying the new models NOW than mixing with the old (and previous) models and then run into compatibility issues in the future.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks, saw that document already and it appears to be for C9800. As i mentioned i am looking for a more specific compatibility matrix (excel doc in original post).

Any other suggestion that might assist getting info quickly?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
To make things a lot simpler, just look for the Catalyst 9K AP to go with the Catalyst 9800.
It's better to start deploying the new models NOW than mixing with the old (and previous) models and then run into compatibility issues in the future.

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at he Cisco wireless comparability matrix:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card