cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Warranty?

hugh.lancaster
Level 1
Level 1

Just want to clarify the warranty. Reviewing the warranty information of the 1252AG AP and the Controller WLC2106, it appears Cisco will replace the hardware if the AP/controller dies. Is this correct?              

1 Accepted Solution
11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
 it appears Cisco will replace the hardware if the AP/controller dies. Is this correct? 

Depends if you have a valid Cisco Service Contract.

If you do, then yes.  If you don't ...

Well the Cisco warranty does replace equipment without support for 4 years after EOL. It's in small lettering:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the replies. Any yes I read the "small print". It states there is a lifetime limited lifetime warranty on these items which expires 4 years after EOL. I wanted to verify that I was reading the warranty correctly. thanks

No problem

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Any yes I read the "small print". It states there is a lifetime limited lifetime warranty on these items which expires 4 years after EOL. I wanted to verify that I was reading the warranty correctly. thanks

Just want to give you a "warning" about this Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Not everyone is Cisco (including the TAC, in some cases) "like" this.  So there may be some remote instances where you need to "bang your fist to the table" just to tell them to HONOUR this warranty.

If you're maintenance contract is with a third-party, all I can say is "good luck" as they will play dumb and might even reply to you with, "There is NO SUCH THING as Limited Lifetime Warranty" or even, "it's not valid in ".

The first time I saw this, I forwarded the Limited Lifetime Warranty T&C to our Cisco Account Manager and her immediate respond was, "It's not valid in Australia".  So I shot back to her with "Exactly WHERE is it stated that?" and never got a response back. 

You are so correct.... Here the response I got from Cisco TAC engineer. "does not cover any hardware replacement apart from the initial 90 days warranty that is covered after the purchase of product (I.e. For 90 days after the product is purchased)."

Hugh,

As far as I know, the warranty period will depend on the type of the device that you purchase, and also when did you purchase the product.

The Limited Lifetime Warranty does not apply to all products, and probably some older products will not be covered by this warranty.

However if you purchase a product under the Limited Lifetime Warranty, it will be a good idea to mention this when you open the TAC case, and usually we can verify this easily. Personally I can tell you that we do replace faulty units based on this warranty, however again this can't be applied to any product.

Wooo-hooo!

Thanks Saravanan! Your post deserves an "endorse".

Can I make a suggestion?

Under the Warranty Update on Cisco Aironet Access Points, can Cisco put the S/N that are affected by this change of condition? I mean, not everyone knows how to "read" the date of manufacture from the serial number.

Leo you big spender !

+5 as well .. Learn something new everyday
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I've just created a TAC Case to replace three dead 1252.  I hope they go through otherwise they'll go into the trash heap.

Leo you big spender !

You call me a "big spender", Mr.-Stretched-Hummer -and-a-Ferrari! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card