Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web auth on wlc and radius reply-message

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up web authentication against radius (freeradius). My goal is that I have blocked users and i would like to difference them from invalid users.

When a blocked user tries to logon, the radius replies an acces-reject message with a reply-message indicating that this user is blocked.

My problem is that i'm not able to display this message on the login page and the status code is the same as for invalid users (statuscode=5)

Is there anyway to display the reply-message from the radius on the login page?

Thanks,

Marga

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can change the verbiage on the status code 5 to what ever you want it to state in the html code.  For example:

else if(args.statusCode == 5){

alert("The User Name and Password combination you have entered is invalid or has been blocked.");

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you for your answer but actually this is what i'm trying to avoid. I would like to inform about the real reason so I need to display the reply-message from the radius.

You can't have two of the same status code. Unless you can send back a different status code like status code 6, your stuck at one statement.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

And do you know how can i generate a different statuscode? I've been looking the documentation but all I found are those five status codes (which i suppose are generated by the wlc)

There is no configuration on the WLC to be able to add another status code.  I was thinking you said that your radius sent back the status code and that is why I said what I said.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card