cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
VIP Advocate

What is difference between AIR-ANT2547V-N vs AIR-ANT2547V-N-HZ

Hello

In a hazardous environment the Cisco AIR-CAP1552H AP is often used. Sure, it's almost end of Sale, but my question is around the omnidirectional antennas that this model of AP supports.

The AIR-ANT2547V series has three flavours (see datasheet)

What is the implication of NOT installing the antenna with the -HZ suffix? Does that mean the other two antennas should NOT be used in a hazardous environment? Why would Cisco state that you can install a non haz antenna on an AP that is purpose built for hazardous environments?  And if the V-N and VG-N antennas are indeed safe to use in hazardous environments, then what the heck is the N-HZ antenna for? Cisco table below says "hazardous".  If someone has authoritative information then please respond. I am as good as guessing as anyone - that doesn't help me.

AIR-ANT2547V.PNG

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Rising star

Re: What is difference between AIR-ANT2547V-N vs AIR-ANT2547V-N-HZ

Hi Arne

My guess is that the AP supports all those antennas and the -HZ antenna is used when the APs is actually installed in the hazardous area.

Might be best to check with your Cisco SE to see clarification from Cisco directly

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
VIP Advocate

Hi mate

thanks for that. I suspected the same. Customer definitely has these APs in hazardous environments (everything has to be intrinsically safe - gas, danger of explosions etc.) - and therefore I am trying to get confirmation.

I will check with local SE.

cheers

Highlighted
Rising star

this document specifies the -HZ as IP67 rated , where the non-hz has no specification

but this document that mentions both antenna as having same specifications mentions IP66, IP67 

not clear if this applies to the different antenna's

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards