cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is is the difference between these two command that enable Multicast?

shadowplay101
Level 1
Level 1

I see that both get used frequently. My WLC does not seem to support the top one:

config network ap-mcast-mode multicast 239.239.239.239

config network multicast mode multicast 239.239.239.239

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Yes, first one may be a old command in previous WLC code versions. No longer supported in newer codes.

You only require 2nd command to configure a multicast group for WLC to use for CAPWAP multicast for APs.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

I agree with the Manannalage and yes the first one is the old command in previous WLC code versions. so it will not work on the newer wireless controllers. you will need to use the 2nd command.

Please go through the below below link for more info about the multicast configuration and its CLI commands.

www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/81671-multicast-wlc-lap.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_01011.html#task_03422F526369449EBDE486B7030589B7

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card