Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

What is the fallback ipv4 address in ap?

What is the fallback ipv4 address in ap?
I want to use static ip.
However, if you change the static ip, it will not be changed. It is set to fallback ipv4 address.

Everyone's tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
omz Rising star
Rising star

Re: What is the fallback ipv4 address in ap?

You mean default IP .. 10.0.0.1 ?

Beginner

No. 

When you configure it as capture, type 'show capwap ip config' in ap, and it will be displayed as 10.44.14.148.
I want to use 10.44.0.87.

I am sorry that English is not my first language.

omz Rising star
Rising star

Hi, please dont be sorry about your English :) 

Does this help?

If you configure an access point to use a static IP address that is not on the same subnet on which the access point’s previous DHCP address was, the access point falls back to a DHCP address after the access point reboots. If the access point falls back to a DHCP address, enter the show ap config general Cisco_AP CLI command to show that the access point is using a fallback IP address. However, the GUI shows both the static IP address and the DHCP address, but it does not identify the DHCP address as a fallback address.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-3/config-guide/b_cg83/b_cg83_chapter_011111.html#ID1955

Highlighted
Contributor

i have the same issue as the author. but i do not think this happens due to different subnet. I notice once i replace an old AP with new ap which has been assigned with another new static ip address, the new ip address would be changed into another ip address after joining wlc. In WLC side, we can see there is "Fallback ipv4 Address" in page ALL APs > General. this situation does not always happen, but most cases happen like this. Dont know why. Hope some expert can explain it

Contributor

I notice author two ip add are in different. So omz might be correct. But my two ip add are at the same subnet

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards