Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When my Cisco router was manufactured?

I used a Cisco router, its SN 242015433. Could you tell me, when it was manufactured AND when it was sold for the first time?

I am asking this, because an ISP www.almatv.kz owns the router and I am unhappy with their service. For example, why they didn't provide me with a newer and better Cisco router?

Maybe, they discriminate me.

IMG_20200717_041416.jpg
3 Replies 3

This post shows how to interpret a cisco serial number.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/cisco-serial-number-lookups/td-p/1375234 

however, in your case, that serial number does not fit into format described in the post

HTH

Rasika

Hi Daniyar

> when it was manufactured AND when it was sold for the first time?
> an ISP www.almatv.kz owns the router
Only Cisco can answer those questions and they'll only do that for the owner of the router which has a support contract with Cisco for data protection and commercial confidentiality reasons.
Unfortunately you'll have to deal with your ISP.
Ultimately what hardware the ISP chooses to supply has nothing to do with that info anyway. Most ISPs sell a service not specific hardware, so they supply whatever hardware they deem appropriate for that service.
So you need to complain to the ISP about the service, and they need to repair/replace as required to ensure the service meets the contract and SLA you have with the ISP.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You find some information here: https://www.normann-engineering.com/products/product_pdf/cable_modems/cisco_systems/datasheet_EPC3925%208x4%20EuroDOCSIS%203.pdf
Based on the date in the document, this model existed in 2011. Please note, the EuroDocsis 3.0 standard is still fairly current, EuroDocsis 3.1 has just recently started to be available, but most providers are having their network still running on 3.0.
If you need better wireless features, check if you are allowed to set the Cisco into Bridge/Modem mode and then attach your own router (with wireless) to the LAN interface.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card