cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why can't I get 300Mbps on 1141 AP?

kberger
Level 1
Level 1

I have AIR-AP1141N-A-K9 access point, but can not get over 130 Mbps speed.  Looking at the manual it appears that I need to set "channel width" to 40-above or 40-below, but it only accepts 20.  Is the 2.4Ghz radio limited to 20Mhz?  Since the specs indicate that it can do 300Mbps, I must be misunderstanding something.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looking at the manual it appears that I need to set "channel width" to 40-above or 40-below, but it only accepts 20.

You can't set the channel width because this setting is applicable to the 802.11a radio which the model of your AP doesn't have.

I have the same problem. when i was using old firmware i could set channel width 40 Mhz. i checked it in inSSIDer software. but now i updated my AP to 12.4(25d)JA version and i cant even choose channel width - only 20 Mhz.

is it possible to use 40 Mhz channels? my AP number is AIR-AP1141N-E-K9

Hii ,

In order to get the 300 Mbps connectivity we need to enable 40 MHz channel operation . 40 MHz channel operation can not be enabled on 2.4 Ghz b/g radio in latest software release as it 2.4 MHz with 40 MHz doesnt allow channel re-use.

AP 1141 has only 2.4 GHz radio , so you will not be able to get the 300 Mbps connectivity. What you can get maximum is 144 Mbps . also note its connectivity not throuput. There are other features like Frame aggregation which you need to enable to get maximum throuput.

Thanks

Vinay

Chunghee Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

latest firmware wasn't support 40Mhz channel bonding operation in 2.4Ghz

Maybe limited number of non-overlapping channels is main problem. (There is just 3 non-overlapping channel.)

If you need 300Mbps speed, downgrade your AP's firmware.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card