Views
Helpful
Replies

Wifi Latency

MuhammadSaad_2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All:

Scenario is we have three buildings out of three 2 buildings contain autonomous Access Point and One building contain WLC.

the management and user ssid vlan is same in all the buildings. But when end user connect with User SSID and pings its own gateway is show latency.

Kindly help me in this is very urgent.

Thank You

40 Replies 40

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All buildings having issues or just the building with the WLC. Have you checked for duplicate IP address? Is it all clients or just a few? Need more info.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Fella

All Buildings have issue. Vlan is same and IP scheme is also the same, approximately with all clients.

Thank u

So all buildings are layer 2 connected.

-Scott

So all buildings are connected via layer 2? Have you seem any duplicate IP address?

-Scott

Hi Fella

Yes all buildings connected via layer 2 and their is no duplicate IP address conflict.

Thanks

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the latency ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

HI

when i ping my default gateway the time = 3, time = 18, time-67, time=1, time=90, time=1, time=1, time=55, time=754, time=2.

like this..

Thanks

Have you tested this on the wire as well and no issues ?

As for the wifi. You will have latency it's just a matter of how much. Under normal conditions with moderate wifi use and no interference you can expect latency at about 20-75ms.

If you have high wifi use and or inference you can see this increase higher. In some cases 100+. D

Another thing is sleep mode. The device you are using to ping the gw with. Is this configured got sleep mode in anyway ?

So test the wired to rule that out. Then look at wifi use or interference.

Do you have any tools like a l2 analyzer or a spectrum analyzer ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I see exactly the same in my lab-setup. If i change the ap to Flexconnect, the latency is <1ms.

Have tryed with 7.3 ... but now on 7.2.111.3

Can you draw out what the topology looks like ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Easy

A SG300-10P 10-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Switch

A WLC2504 and a AIR-CAP2602I-E-K9

one small server (dhcp) an a couple of labtops, wired and wireless.

Have been trying with a AP1242AG altso .. same result.

Average ping is around 45ms and less than 1ms with Flexconnect.

Airquality is 100 :-)

yea, something doesnt sound right. hard to say why you would be seeing latency. if you are saying you are connected in a lab like that and you are seeing latency one would think its happening at the wlc.

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

45ms makes the wireless network nearly useless.

With Flexconnect i can windows copy 1Gb in 2,5 min ... guess thats ok

Reportet connect at 300mbit/s

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card