Views
Helpful
Replies

windows 10 client gets IP but no internet

gln
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

we have a WLAN behind a ASA 5510. The clients in this WLAN get their address through the ASA, which works as dhcprelay.

This works pretty well, every client gets an ip address and default route and nameserver.

Now the problem: All of our Apple-Mac-Clients work well they can access the nameservers and reach internet resources. But our Windows 10 - Clients get an address - and by looking at ipconfig  /all - they get all other informations necessary. But they can't reach any other resource which is not in their local network. Neither ping nor tcp/udp seems to work.

If I open a hotspot via mobile I immediately get access. Is there something specific about Windows 10 Clients and an ASA 5510 network? I am stuck.

If you have any ideas I would appreciate reading them.

1 Reply 1

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Could be a drive issue, if those are all the same clients. I have often seen such issues with several variants of Intel Wifi drivers.
Otherwise make a packet capture on the ASA and try to ping something in the Internet from one of the clients for which you run the packet capture.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card