Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless and Voice

wscotty2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently setup a WLAN for 400 users in a single office using flexconnect, the APs are 3500s and the controller is a 5508 in one data centre. There are 25 APs in this office to support the number of users.

I created a /22 network for the Flexconnect locally switched wireless network and a single corporate SSID.

We have laptops running general data apps and Cisco Personal Communicator.

We are having issues with voice quality, lots of jitter and delay. After invetigating I noticed alot of output drops on the A and B radio interfaces so I'm wondering if this is causing the issue. I was told that high output drops was a sign of interferance but the APs are reporting low utilisation and interferance from the WLC and NCS.

After some testing I put the APs back into local mode and the output drops stopped. Is there any reason why Flexconnect would cause output drops? Can broadcasts from other wireless devices on the Flexconnect /22 network cause this? The switchports connecting to the APs are only trunking the Wireless Management (for CAPWAP traffic) and locally switched Flexconnect VLAN.

In this scenario is Flexconnect the best choice or should I switch back to local mode?                  

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card