cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless AP not working after power failure

ktblaser1
Level 1
Level 1

I experienced a power outage and when the router came back online, the wireless AP does not work.  I also get an invalid certificate error/warning when I try to access the router through CCP.  The wired ethernet connections work fine, but I it appears as if the internal AP for wireless has issues. Any ideas on how to fix this?

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What device and what does the logs show?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Device is a Cisco 881W-GN-A-K9

From what I can tell logs don't show any specific error, the only message I get is that the wireless inferfaces are up.

Can you explain in more detail the issue?  You just mentioned that the logs show the wireless interfaces are up, can you make sure your AP configs are correct?  maybe you didn't save the config and after the power failure, the AP used the startup config instead of what you had in the running config.  If the AP is still functioning, then reconfigure the AP.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

That's the thing that is weird.  The logs show a wlan-ap0 (IP is unnumbered, type is wlan-ap, description is a Service module interface to manage the embedded AP) interface is up as well as a Wlan-GigabitEthernet0 (IP is no IP address and type is Wlan-GigabitEthernet, description Internal switch interface connecting to the embedded AP) interface.   I also now have a Null0 interface (No IP address and type null).  None of these three interfaces existed before the power failure.  I used to just have the name of the wireless access point I configured originally.  On the front of the box, the Link light is lit, but the 2.4GHz light next to it is not.  That's about all the information I have on the issue, not really sure what to do next. 

I can't login to the internal AP so I can't see the AP configs, but judging by the fact that the interface names are not what I originally called them and the indicator light related to the radio is off, I'm guessing something got corrupted.  I had saved the running config (once I got everything working) as the startup config before the power loss.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card