Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Bridge / Mobility Express AIR-AP1542D-B-K9

Jorge Cantillo
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team:

I am trying to create wireless Bridge between to sites. The first site is where the RAP (ME Enable) is connected and the second site is where I have connected the MAP (Capwap mode).  I have stablished the link mesh between converting the mesh AP to capwap because I am pretty sure it is the correct workaround.

I have followed this document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/mobility-express-aironet-access-points/215077-configuring-point-to-point-mesh-link-wit.html

The difference is that I am trying  bridge the traffic from different VLANs however it is not working.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jorge Cantillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I solved it!

,  I could bridge multiple VLANs over the mesh link. I think that issue was related to a bug on the firmware version 8.10.130.0 (recommended version).  I used the firmware version 8.10.105.0 then I could converted the RAP and MAP ports from access to trunk and passed all the VLANs over there.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

In order to bridge the traffic from different VLANs over the mesh link, VLAN Transparent feature needs to be disabled.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi Sandeep,

Than you so much for you reply. Yes, before I post this case, I also disabled VLAN Transparent feature.

Do you have any other idea?

Thanks again!

Jorge Cantillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I solved it!

,  I could bridge multiple VLANs over the mesh link. I think that issue was related to a bug on the firmware version 8.10.130.0 (recommended version).  I used the firmware version 8.10.105.0 then I could converted the RAP and MAP ports from access to trunk and passed all the VLANs over there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card