cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless clients getting dropped from the wireless controller 5508/air-cap2601 showing 'Limited Connection'.

Jesus Carrillo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a wireless controller 5508 with air-cap 2601 installed. Random users are getting limited connection and a simple resetting of the wireless network card brings them back online.

This is happening very often and making the local technicians frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

WLC version 7.4.121.0

Air-Cap 2601 version 7.4.121.0

Wireless client windows 7

Thanks in advanced!

Jesus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

Besides the update of the WLC software, like Rasika already has recommended, also check if there are any driver updates available for the wireless clients.

If updating the software does not fix the problem, please provide us with an "show wlan xx" and try to run an "debug client MAC" while the issue occurs.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Thanks for your advice. I will try that tomorrow.

Jesus 

did you find a solution

Sorry for the dalay and thanks for checking back on this.

I upgraded the FUS and the firmware and the issue continued.

Later we found out that the computers needed an update to the deepfreeze software it had.

We found out that it was the deepfreeze program because we stopped the service on half of the computers using wifi and left the other half with deepfreeze running. 

Next morning the half not running the deepfreeze remained with internet connectivity.

So the school technicians had to do some upgrade to the deepfreeze software. 

Now all of the wifi pc's are running the deepfreeze and continue to have internet.

Thanks everybody!!

Hi,

If you experience frequent drops, you might have hit the below bug.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq71068

AP traffic issue causing client to lose layer 3 connectivity

CSCuq71068

Regards.

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

Besides the update of the WLC software, like Rasika already has recommended, also check if there are any driver updates available for the wireless clients.

If updating the software does not fix the problem, please provide us with an "show wlan xx" and try to run an "debug client MAC" while the issue occurs.

Sure I will try that tomorrow. I have some computers that are giving me the limited connectivity and they are in the mac filter already.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card