cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Controller Mgmt Page Pop Message "Wireless controller says Cannot delete globally configured AP"

bret
Level 3
Level 3

Has anyone recently experienced a pop up saying "Wireless controller says Cannot delete globally configured AP"?  This pop up just started happening and the only change we have done is upgrade from 8.1 to 8.3 and never noticed the pop, then recently I applied a 25 addr license.  Not sure if either are tied to the pop up and it doesn't seem to have any affect on the changes other then being annoying that I have to close it.

popup.png

What have I done. 

I have read the community post where someone had characters in their password.  This doesn't apply to me but I did change the username and password and it had no affect.

I found a bug ID CSCvg00167 but it applied to 8.6 and figured I would give it a try but it had no affect.

I tried creating the username and password from the cli "config ap mgmtuser add username testuser password Friday1! secret test all" and it had no affect.

I tried removing the username entirely from the GUI and was not able to remove it.

What did work was checking the box for Over-ride Global credentials under the credentials tab on the AP.  Once I did this I no longer got the pop up on that AP.  Im not going to do this for 127 AP's.  After I removed the check box I tried to modify the AP again and got the pop up. 

I did open a case but that was pointless it seems all they did was provide a link from the community forums.  So if anyone has any ideas of how I can fix this or debugs I can run to isolate why its happening I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

Try remove this ap from any site configuration and try delete it again.

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7
This sound like a pretty crap bug TAC need to sort out. If you've closed the case I'd raise another and make them actually take it seriously! Are you running code 8.3.143.0?

Ric
-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card