Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless controller switching from local to flexconnect

Hi,

I have a question regarding flexconnect to local and local to flexconnect. So for almost all remote site we have 3504 HA-controllers and AP's are connected locally. We have planned to have redundancy by adding head office controller under high availability. So in this case if controller goes down all AP's will join head office controller but as they have been configured as local they still stays local even when they join head office controller, but i would like to have clients receive same subnet even when they join head office controller which is not happening as they are receiving head office subnet. If we change all this local to flexconnect then clients are receiving local subnet ip addresses. Please let me know is there any solution to achieve results when AP's disconnect from local and join flexconnect controller on local mode we still want to have local subnet ip addresses for users without changing local to flexconnect on all AP's

2 Replies 2

Only option is to change AP mode to FlexConnect & SSID is configured with Local Switching.

Once you configured AP in FlexConnect mode, even WLC is down, it will operate in "Standalone mode" & able to forward traffic instead of register to a 2nd WLC.

Since you got WLCs in each branch, converting AP onto FlexConnect may not be an ideal approach. Instead you can have a subnet defined in HQ & used it for local branch WLC failure situation. So any branch will fall back to that subnet, in case of local WLC failure & will not have same branch local subnet.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

HTH

Rasika

Thanks for your response

Even if i create a subnet for those on head office how can branch office AP's gets that subnet when they join secondary controller.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card