cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless LAN Controller and Cisco SMB (SG300-28 - SRW2024-K9)

I would like to know the following about Cisco Unified Wireless Network :

It's possible the integration of a Wireless LAN Controller like as 2504 and a Cisco SMB switch like as SG300-28 - SRW2024-K9
for proper communication with LWAP like as AIR-LAP1242AG ? 

I have some experience with the installation of Wireless LAN Controller and Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series / 3560x Series , but I've
never done the installation with Cisco SMB .

Regards .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you plan on having more than one vlan, then you need to trunk, or else you just set the management vlan to 0 "untagged" and it will work.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most switches will work. I have even tested it with some hubs. Just make sure you have enough power to power up the AP's depending on how many you will put on the switch.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

I remember that the only requirement is that the device must be support 802.1Q Trunk Port .While this is configurable, should be work's .

What do you think about it ? .

Regards.

If you plan on having more than one vlan, then you need to trunk, or else you just set the management vlan to 0 "untagged" and it will work.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card