Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless licensing conversion

AndreasKvist
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all, 

Customer has 2 wlc 5508, 100AP each. It used to be 2 singles, now it is set up as a HA. 

Question:

Can the AP licenses from the HA unit be converted to add on licenses to the active unit so that the customer would have licenses for 200 APs?

BR

Andreas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jagan.chowdam
Level 4
Level 4

The secondary 5508 WLC should have at least 50 AP count license to make it as HA unit. So, they don't get 200 AP licenses. 

Can you share "show license summary" output from the second WLC which you want to convert to HA unit.

If it has 50 AP base license (tied to hardware) + another 50 as AP adder licenses then you can request Cisco to re-host/move then AP adder licenses from one unit to another. 

If this is the case, send an email to licensing@cisco.com and provide your CCO login, the serial numbers of the two appliances.  Tell them what you want to do, i. e.  configure HA SSO, and there's a chance the license from one of the appliance will get moved to the other one.

***Please rate all helpful posts***

Jagan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi.

It is not, as far as  I know. The requirement is that the standby WLC must have at least 50 license. If it has more than this, the rest will be lost.  

I suggest you contact Cisco directly. 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

jagan.chowdam
Level 4
Level 4

The secondary 5508 WLC should have at least 50 AP count license to make it as HA unit. So, they don't get 200 AP licenses. 

Can you share "show license summary" output from the second WLC which you want to convert to HA unit.

If it has 50 AP base license (tied to hardware) + another 50 as AP adder licenses then you can request Cisco to re-host/move then AP adder licenses from one unit to another. 

If this is the case, send an email to licensing@cisco.com and provide your CCO login, the serial numbers of the two appliances.  Tell them what you want to do, i. e.  configure HA SSO, and there's a chance the license from one of the appliance will get moved to the other one.

***Please rate all helpful posts***

Jagan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card