cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless module different IP addresses

pcfreak49
Level 1
Level 1

hello I have a problem with my wireless router, cisco wireless module allows you to give different IP addresses so that IP addresses are different who can help me please

67 Replies 67

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

your question is not  clear for me.. do u want your wireless module to lease out IP addresses and do u need the config help on that??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I mean yes the

Ok... whats the device do we have?? whats the router and whats the AP??

Here is the link which may help you..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.3_7_JA/configuration/guide/s37adm.html#wp1090319

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

pcfreak49
Level 1
Level 1

ok thanks but I've tried everything but always get the ip address of the wired network?

it will be great if you could provide me the info regarding where is the DHCP currently configured and whats the device and running config from the same.. so that i will get the clear picture to help you out...

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

okay this is running-config of wireless module

BVI interface , VLAN 1 and the DHCP pool on the same subnet??

remove the command "bridge 2 protocol ieee" and issue "bridge 1 protocol ieee"

Regads

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

so I removed it

but still get the same network

BVI interface , VLAN 1 and the DHCP pool which is configured on the same subnet?? on 20.10.10.0 255.255.255.248 network?? i dont see the BVI interface ip in the config..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

you mean so

ok.. the default route on the DHCP pool should be the ip of the BVI.. please configure the same and lemme know how this helps..

ip dhcp pool R2.ap-pool
   import all
   network 20.10.10.0 255.255.255.248
   domain-name shrun
   default-router 20.10.10.2

and ip for the BVI make sure the mask is configured..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

you mean .. that I configured in the other running-config to put that right?

Hi,

I hope the below config is on the AP..

ip dhcp pool R2.ap-pool
   import all
   network 20.10.10.0 255.255.255.248
   domain-name shrun
   default-router 20.10.10.1

So we just need to change the default router to 20.10.10.2 instead 20.10.10.1, and then try connecting a client and update me..

so it should be like..

int bvi on the AP should have the ip addr 20.10.10.2 255.255.255.248 and the int vlan on the Router should be 20.10.10.1 255.255.255.248 and then under the DHCP pool config on the AP make sure the default router points to BVI int IP..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

did that work??

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card