Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Network Implementation

yatinmshah
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I am wondering, what kind of wireless devices needed to implement netowrk for University campus, where the buildings that are not part of the main campus, but across streets. What aspects should keep in mind?

I am sincerely look forward to your assistance ans support.

Regards,

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a tough question and can't really be answered on a forum.  You can start by looking at a Wireless LAN Controller and MESH access points especially if your concern is streets and open areas.  Other than that, if you plan on deploying outdoor wireless, a site survey is the way to go.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Adding to what Scott already said, the site survey will not only tell you how many APs, but where to put them, what power level, what channel, etc.  It will also tell you what other wireless devices are present.  If it's outdoors and close to other residences and/or buildings, you're probably looking at a 5 GHz survey.  That way you have more channels to use to keep your signal-to-noise ratio high and avoid interference.

Regards,
Scott

josuvarg
Level 1
Level 1

I would say that Mesh and a WLC as they pointed out before.

Regarding the Site Survey, please check the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_q_and_a_item09186a00805e9a96.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: