Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless WLC2504

ckimberley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We have a WLC2054 controllor that I'm trying to connect some new 1832 AP's to. I keep getting the amber green red sequence of lights which I believe means its try to find the controller. 

We are running software version 7.4.100.0. I'm assuming this will need upgrading for the newer access points to connect? 

If so I could do with some help on how to do this please 

3 Replies 3

Alexey Belousov
Level 1
Level 1

Derrick Hurley
Level 1
Level 1

You'll need to upgrade software as previously stated.  Use the link to the compatibility matrix to determine what software is compatible with all of your APs.  I assume you have APs existing other than the 1800 series.

Next, refer to the release notes for that software for installation instructions:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/wireless/2500-series-wireless-controllers/products-release-notes-list.html

Be mindful of dependencies, ie, if you have to upgrade to a certain version before you upgrade to your desired version (8.2.161.0 or whatever).  Those are also called out in the release notes.

Additionally, you should also upgrade the FUS software on the controller prior to upgrading to the 8 series of software. 2.0.0.0 is recommended for the 2504.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: