Views
Helpful
Replies

Wirless network was very slow...fine after reboot controller

Zohaib Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just faced a very weired behaviour from my wirless setup. Its wae very very slow i tried every thing event restart LightWeight AP but didnt work then i tried rebooting the Controller, it worked and now network is working fine. But i want to khnow reason of this why networks was very slow???

I have 3602 Series APs and 2504 WLC controller with 7.5.102.0 software version

5 Replies 5

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you check the download section you will find that version of code is deferred.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282600534&flowid=7012&softwareid=280926587&release=7.6.100.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

This means not to use it ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Sorry George, I didnt upderstand, can u explain more.

No problem ... It means the code is no longer available for download for one reason or another. It is best to get on a supported code level.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi Zohaib,

1) The code that you are runing has been deferred. That means, Cisco does not recommend this code.

AND  TAC will not support.

SO, you will have to move to a stable code.

I would suggest 7.4.121.0, untill we have a stable version of 7.6

2) Since the WLC is reloaded already, we will have very less information to figure out the root cause.

If the problem re-surface again, contact the support forum, before the reload.

Thanks !!

Regards
Victor V

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as *****Answered"*****

Regards Victor V *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as *****Answered"*****

Thanks George and Victor for explaining, i didn't  install this version, it comes with controller as I purchase 4 months before so far it was working fine but last night i faced the above mention issue.

I will go for stable version of 7.6 when it will be released

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card