Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN 2504 as a router

Hello experts-

I want to configure my wlan cisco 2504 as a router like I want to use port 0 for LAN interface and port 1 for WAN.

On port 1, I want to use public IP and need to enable one to many NAT on it. so that any traffic comes from port 0 i.e lan network will be able to nat on Public ip and it starts working for internet.

Also for DHCP server, I need to get IP's internally from DHCP server.

I want complete from interfaces to public IP natting gui configuration if applicable.

I need urgent solution. any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
A router is a Layer 3 platform.
A WLC is a layer 2 platform that performs a specific task in regards to wireless.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not suggest to implement the way you want to do with .WLAN 2504.

you should have Different router for that purpose.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The hardware of the 2504 is probably powerful enough for your needs. The only challenge that you'll face is that you have to develop your own operating system to run on the 2504 as the Cisco WLC software is not meant to do what you need. If you are a highly talented linux kernel-developer, that task can't be that hard ...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
A router is a Layer 3 platform.
A WLC is a layer 2 platform that performs a specific task in regards to wireless.

Thank you everyone for your time. The conclusion what I understand it that WLC 2504 cannot work as a router by all of company given features without altering its kernel ? Is that right?

@Muhammad Amin Zia wrote:

The conclusion what I understand it that WLC 2504 cannot work as a router by all of company given features without altering its kernel 

Correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: