Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN Poller question

robo0003c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We are going to upgrade our WLC 5508 with 2702i APs from release 8.3.141 to release 8.5.140 In the release notes there was information regarding "WLAN Poller", se below link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/213317-understanding-various-ap-ios-flash-corru.html

It was referenced from one of the links under "Upgrading Cisco Wireless Release" in the release notes.

Is it anyone who has used it, and is it necessary before upgrading?

Thank you!

21 Replies 21

Good news! Our dev guru resolved an issue with the Linux host itself and we've got the script up and running. Already done a test run and things are looking good :)

Thanks for your help!

patoberli/Haydn I don't suppose you know if the ap_name_filter variable works properly and if so, what the correct syntax is?

My scenario now is that I have a number of different sites on this WLC but I want to try and only poll a particular site's APs. Let's say I have sites with codes in their AP names, 1234 and 9876. I want to use the app name filter to only check/scan the APs with 1234 in the name, ignore 9876

Unfortunatly not.
This script is supported by TAC so if you jave support you could always ask them
*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

No idea. But you can enable ssh only on the ones you want to check, the script should then time out on the others where it can't connect.

If you could hear a facepalm through the internet you certainly would right now!

TAC have kindly assisted me in advising that I needed to remove the ; from the beginning of the string in the config.ini file that was commenting it out from being applied.

The classic ID10T error...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WLAN Poller is used to identify if an AP is about to "eat itself" but it is not foolproof and it needs to be run several times in order to catch the file corruption before the AP crashes.  Once the AP crashes, WLAN Poller won't be able to recover the AP.

You won't need the file to upgrade. 

robo0003c
Level 1
Level 1

We did the update yesterday of our WLC and it went fine. We did run WLAN poller from a MAC OSx computer before.

With the config of WLAN poller below it gave the result of none affected APs:

ap_fs_check: False
ap_fs_recover: False

But with the below config the script was never able to finish, it just hanged.

ap_fs_check: True
ap_fs_recover: False

So we went ahead and updated the WLC code anyway, and it went fine.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card