Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN Poller restricted list of APs only

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello

Regarding the WLAN-Poller script that's recommended to be run prior to an AireOS upgrade:

I have around 2500 APs and I have run the Poller twice as recommenced. Pass #1 and Pass #2 were run with mode

ap_fs_check: True
ap_fs_recover: False

I have a handful of APs that I want to "remediate". But I am unclear how to proceed. There is a 3rd run, but I don't want to run this again against all APs - it takes around 7 hours to complete. 

When I tested it with a single AP, using the 

[AP-CSV]
aplist: aplist.csv

it did indeed START with that AP, but then it proceeded to check all the REMAINING APs too ... I aborted the script. How is this supposed to be done?

And finally, if I want to "remediate" those suspected faulty APs, then do I run the script with this?

ap_fs_check: False
ap_fs_recover: True

What happens if I were to run the script for the 3rd time using the fs_check True / recover False again? Will it do anything? I don't follow this logic(i.e. is the "recovery" being done in 3rd Run even if I set recover = False ? Or are they implying that for the 3rd Run I have to set Recover = False ?

third.PNG

much appreciated

Arne

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rafael E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to recover the AP the config file should look like

Now, i haven't used the csv file but on the config file you can use the AP list.  That works

Do not forget to set WLC flag to False otherwise it will also connect to the WLANs

[WLC-2504-Rafis]
active: False
ipaddr: <wlc-ip-addr>

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rafael E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to recover the AP the config file should look like

Now, i haven't used the csv file but on the config file you can use the AP list.  That works

Do not forget to set WLC flag to False otherwise it will also connect to the WLANs

[WLC-2504-Rafis]

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

Hello @Rafael E 

I did exactly that - I disabled the WLC option which then only processes the APs in my list - with only a handful of them, I pasted them and their IPs into the config.ini

thanks!

Hi @Rafael E 

One more question if you wouldn't mind ... I followed the advice of the WLAN Poller and the AP is now dead (probably stuck in ROMMON)

See below:

2020-05-26 08:42:51,808 wlanpoller     INFO: ap_2  : AIR-CAP2702I-Z-K9    - Connected - IP addr: 1.2.3.4
2020-05-26 08:42:51,809 wlanpoller     INFO: ap_2  : AIR-CAP2702I-Z-K9    - Collecting poller output
2020-05-26 08:43:02,204 wlanpoller     INFO: ap_2  : AIR-CAP2702I-Z-K9    - Running file systems checks
2020-05-26 08:43:02,311 wlanpoller CRITICAL: ap_2  : AIR-CAP2702I-Z-K9    - Flash inaccessible, reboot this AP to recover it.

When this tool reports that "Flash inaccessible", does it mean that the WLAN Poller tool cannot proceed in any way, and then one needs to reboot the AP to proceed (as it states??) ?  Or should I have run the options below in that particular AP?

thanks - I have a few more of these bad boys to deal with.

Hi there,

I too am interested in the answers to this

When this tool reports that "Flash inaccessible", does it mean that the WLAN Poller tool cannot proceed in any way, and then one needs to reboot the AP to proceed (as it states??) 

I take it if set to

then the poller would force the AP to reboot, and then reattempt to access the flash and resolve? So no difference in rebooting manually and confirming access to the flash in a more controlled fashion rather than reliant on the pollers timings?

Also one other question, earlier in the thread there is a mention in order to remove the reliance on the controller to set the following 

[WLC-2504-Rafis]

Configuring this setting, and using a APlist.csv, does the poller still need to have access to the WLC, and the config.ini file configuring with the IP, usernames and password? Or does it just make use of the AP list only?

Thanks, Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: